Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Update & CCR Question #4 Draft!

Hey guys! I've had more free time on my hands lately due to us being stuck in quarantine, so I decided to create a draft of one of the Creative Critical Reflection (CCR) questions which you will see once we complete our project. But first, I just had a quick update on the current status of school. 

Earlier today, our county's school superintendent announced that schools will not be reopening till at least May 1st. 😭 If you've read my previous blogs, originally they told us April 15th would be the earliest but that got pushed back since this virus has only kept spreading. The chances of me getting to go back to school for the end of my senior year are looking slim unfortunately. But anyway, let's get onto the draft of the CCR question.


 How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?

  Throughout the process of my portfolio project, Nick and I used various electronic resources. From the very beginning of our project, we have been using Blogger.com to document every step of the process. Within my blog, users are able to see all the struggles and challenges we overcame, as well as an insight to our thought process when creating our short film and additional components. This is the same site I used last year to create my film opening, "Ninety Degrees", for AICE Media Studies AS. 
  Another tool Nick and I have found super helpful was the Collaborative Notes option through iCloud. I’ve never used this tool before Nick mentioned it and since we both have Apple products, we were able to share information through this Note. As we were brainstorming story ideas, character names, and solidifying our story line, we used this as a central location where both of us were able to access any critical information we needed right through our phones. Even if we were out and about, Nick and I were able to easily access it and jot down any ideas that came to our mind. Sticking to Apple applications, Nick and I relied on FaceTime to complete this project. This was an easy way for both of us to verbally express our ideas and concerns since we weren’t able to complete the project together physically due to the Coronavirus quarantine. 
For the production of the short film, Nick used a Canon Mark IV. Both of us are highly involved in our school’s television production program and have a good understanding on the functions of this DSLR. This allowed us to get the key art shots needed for the website and postcard, as well as the crisp shots for our short film. For post production of the short film, we used Adobe Premiere Pro CC to edit its entirety. This is the same program we use in our tv program and both of us are certified in this software. 
For the website component of our project, we decided to use Wix.com. Wix is a free site which allows anyone to create a website on their own, allowing us to fully customize the website to our liking. For the postcard, we relied on Adobe Photoshop. Our tv program has allowed us to become familiar with these programs and has greatly benefited us in completing this portfolio. 

Nick and I are currently working on the script in Celtx and I'll be sure to share that with you guys when we are done. Until next time...
                                                                                                                                    ~rtmedias

Sources:

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ln2YqWzi4xPD3HS43G/source.mp4

No comments:

Post a Comment