Thursday, March 26, 2020

The Struggle is Real!

Hey guys! As I previously mentioned, Nick and I are now thinking of new story ideas. We liked our previous idea, however due to the situation around us, we wouldn’t be able to produce it how we would have liked to so we both decided we should head back to the drawing board. 

On the collaborate iCloud note we have, we started to throw out some potential ideas throughout the day as shown below. 


At the end of the night, Nick and I decided to FaceTime so we could throughly communicate our ideas and explain/tweak any potential ideas we thought of. While we were talking on FaceTime, I decided to share a short film I found earlier that day. I was researching some other short films as inspiration for any ideas for our short film and I came across Dig


I sent this link to Nick and told him to check it out. Honestly when I first watched it, I was shocked by the simplicity of it. The full 10 minutes is quite literally about digging a hole, however the deeper meaning shows that it’s from the perspective of a child looking into the adult world and creating that bond between the daughter and father. This prompted Nick and I to try and think of simplistic ideas similar to this film. 

None of the ideas we wrote down really stuck out to either of us. We decided to sleep on it and share any more ideas we thought of the next day. Nick and I set a deadline for ourselves so that we would have a finalized idea by this Saturday being the absolute latest. The spread of the Coronavirus really messed up our plans but we are trying to work around it as best as possible. If you have any ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments below! Until next time…
                                                                                                                                     ~rtmedias

No comments:

Post a Comment