Thursday, March 12, 2020

Sad Times :(

Hey guys ☹️ A week that was suppose to be filled with fun times and memories has ended much sooner than expected. As I’ve previously mentioned throughout this blog, my tv production program travelled to Washington D.C. for the Student Television Network (STN) Convention on Tuesday. Competitions were suppose to begin on Thursday, however while we were exploring the city on Wednesday, we heard the unfortunate news that the convention had been cancelled. 


The D.C. Health Department mandated that any event with over 1,000 people in attendance be cancelled or postponed due to the spread of the Coronavirus across the world. My team was devastated. We spent countless days since September practicing and preparing for this competition for it to be cancelled the day of registration! None of us really saw this coming. On Tuesday after our flight left Fort Lauderdale airport, our county banned trips outside of the state in order to limit the exposure to this contagious virus, but since we already left, we all thought we were in the clear. 

Personally, this was heartbreaking to hear the news about STN being cancelled. As a senior, this was my final trip and I wanted to end it with a bang, and quite literally, that’s backfired. I had the opportunity of being Executive Producer for one of our competitions and I wouldn’t trade that for the world. I just truly wish we were able to compete and show off what we are capable of. 

Since the convention was cancelled Wednesday night, we had to take the next flight back to Fort Lauderdale airport at 6:30am on Thursday. Although we were only in Washington D.C. for 36 hours, it was truly a memorable story that will live on forever since this is the first time they have ever had to cancel the convention.

Below is a short recap video of our trip made by one of my fellow seniors. 


Even though it’s still very upsetting to think that my last STN had to end this way, I will forever cherish the little time I had to spend with my CBTV family in Washington D.C.

              

Until next time... 
                                                                                                                                    ~rtmedias

No comments:

Post a Comment