Saturday, April 18, 2020

Reflecting Back...

Hey guys! As I’m coming to the very end of this project, I thought it might be good to reflect on the past.


If I had to describe this portfolio project in one word, it would be WOW! At the start of the year, no one ever expected to hit these roadblocks forcing us to stay at home and physically distance ourselves from one another. Life was going pretty smooth up until March and everything began rolling downhill rapidly, both in my personal life and in terms of this project. Nick and I had an idea that we both liked. We spent a few hours inside of Jersey Mike’s brainstorming and finally agreed on one. We came up with an entire schedule to follow for our project in terms of when we would film and edit. Unfortunately, the moment we left for STN, our tv competition, things began to fall apart as the Coronavirus began to spread rapidly all over the world. Our competition ended up getting cancelled after arriving to Washington DC and once we got back home, school was closed and we were moved to online classes to social distance. Due to social distancing regulations, we wouldn’t be able to find actors, film together, or use the various locations we had planned. The Coronavirus pretty much forced us to start on a fresh slate after spending a few weeks planning our previous film idea. However, Nick and I didn’t give up. Of course we were both bummed out that our final senior moments no longer existed, but we still knew we had to get this done and we wanted to do a good job on it. Nick and I didn’t really have any ideas at first for our short film but then I began talking to some of our tv friends and they were able to lead us into a good direction. Since Nick has his whole family quarantined with him, we decided it would be better if he filmed and edited the short film since we would have a few actors, as opposed to only using my dad since my mom still has work if I were the one to film. Since I had a better understand and vision for the storyline, I wrote most of the script. I would ask Nick to look over it occasionally and he would edit it to enhance the story. One he filmed, he sent me the pictures using Google Drive and I began working on the website and postcard. Nick and I previously discussed some layout ideas for the website so it was pretty simple to put together since the idea was already envisioned. Everything is coming together really well and I think in the end, it may have been good that we changed our idea. This idea was more simplistic yet I think we pulled it off well. 

Overall, the main things I really learned from this experience was perseverance and making do with what we have. Sometimes we tend to overlook small things that we typically take for granted. So in way, the Coronavirus forced us to really look around and see what we were able to create from the confines of our homes. Nick and I have worked together in the past but I truly think that we are unstoppable now. We overcame so many obstacles that came are way and we helped each other the entire time. This may have even brought us closer as friends even though we did have moments of frustration, but we always found a way to make things work out. I’m glad that we were able to work together to create one of our last pieces during our high school experience. Stay tuned for my next post to see the final products! Until next time…
                                                                                                                   ~rtmedias

Sources:

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUOxfh6ZM75efM3Bqo/source.mp4

No comments:

Post a Comment