Sunday, February 23, 2020

A Thorough Introduction

Hey guys! Before I got too far along in this project, I wanted to properly reintroduce myself and give you guys a little update on my life. I also want to introduce my partner for this upcoming short film!


In case you guys are new here, I’m Rhea Thomas! That picture above, yeah that’s me! I’m currently a senior in high school and very involved in my school’s television production program. Last year, I served as the Vice President of Membership and this year, I have had the opportunity to be the President! I am also an Associate Producer of our weekly show, Aftershock. Since I was in middle school, my two brothers and I used to argue over who gets to use my dad’s DSLR camera when we went on family vacations. Being in fifth grade, I barely knew how to use it; however since my brothers wanted it, that meant I did too! Since I was little, I’ve always had a passion for media. I used to take my parents’ phones and record random videos of my dog or family members. I didn’t realize that these goofy videos would make me realize what I wanted to pursue as I got older. Throughout 7th and 8th grade, I was apart of the film program at my middle school and as I got into high school, I joined CBTV, my school’s television production program. If you would have asked me what I wanted to become in 9th grade, I had no idea and I never imagined I would become as involved in CBTV as I am. I just knew I loved the idea of creating these tangible memories and showing off my creativity which is what lead my to join AICE Media Studies AS last year. Over the past year or so is when I finally decided I wanted to pursue a career involving media in college and beyond. I’m so excited to be studying at the University of Central Florida for the next four years and I can’t wait to see what the future holds!



Right above is Nicholas Ramos, but I like to call him Ramos. Nick is also a senior in high school and is in CBTV. Nick and I have been close friends for about 3 years now and we met solely from our television production program. Nick serves as the Equipment Manager for our club, so we are used to working hand-in-hand. Ramos and I have competed in tv competitions together in the past and we will be again this upcoming April for a state competition. Although he is still unsure of what he wants to be studying in college, he knows he has a passion for both film and live broadcasting. I’m so glad to be working with him on this short film. Nick is insanely talented! Through our tv production program, I’ve seen what he’s been able to do in terms of graphics and even video concepts and I can’t wait to see what we can produce together. 

                  

Be sure to keep following me along on this journey of creating our short film together! 
                                                                                                                    ~rtmedias

No comments:

Post a Comment