Sunday, April 12, 2020

All the Essentials!

Hey guys! Throughout the week, Nick and I were able to come up with a title for our film opening! It took some time but eventually we both agreed on one. Earlier in the week, Nick wrote down some potential ideas for film titles on the Collaborative iCloud Note we have. Here were some of the ideas he had:

-Home
-Visit
-Nostalgia
-Nostos

I thought that “Home” and “Visit” felt too simple. The one that stuck out to Nick was “Nostalgia” but as we were discussing it over FaceTime, I told him that I think it gives away the plot involving Olivia’s blanket. I felt like the viewer would be able to easily determine what the story would be about within the first few scenes and he agreed. I liked Nick’s idea of “Nostos” since it’s the Latin word for returning home, but I felt like it was out of place. We portrayed the characters to act as a typical white family so having a Latin title seemed off to me. We ended up getting side tracked and started discussing the layout of the website. As we were discussing that, Nick mentioned how he liked the idea of having a pop up page which would be a box, representing the box in the film with her blanket and noise making toy. He ended up creating a rough draft of the pop up page for the website and then I had to go eat dinner so we ended the call. Later that night, it hit me. Why not name the film “Boxed”? So I sent Nick a text and asked him for his opinion on it and he said he liked it. 


Therefore, the official title of our short film is… “Boxed”.

I also began thinking of credits for the short film. I’m waiting on Nick to get back to me about these so that it’s official but here’s what I came up with:


Directed by: Nick Ramos 
Produced By: Rhea Thomas
Written by: Rhea Thomas
Cinematography by: Nick Ramos
Edited by: Nick Ramos

I can’t remember if I stated this previously but Nick filmed and will be editing the entirety of the short film due to quarantine procedures in place. I will be working on the website and postcard once I receive the pictures from Nick.
Thank you guys for sticking around! Nick and I are approaching our very last week to work on this project before the short film, website, and postcard are all due! Make sure to check back to see the final products! until next time…
                                                                                                                                     ~rtmedias

Sources:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGnDqTrkewTIuRy/source.mp4
https://media.giphy.com/media/J1jmN9HW07HoRTe9X5/source.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment